2 Dedicated developers, QA specialist, Business analyst.
Technologies: Java, J2EE
Proven Track Record
Wiley is a global publishing company that apart from academic publishing specializes in educational solutions for a variety of disciplines. One of their solutions urgently needed an upgrade. Its core functionality was written in Flash and couldn’t perform properly.
The client looked to enhance the solution and extend its functionality. He wanted his customers to enjoy a high-quality product and get positive feedback from them.
For that reason, Wiley turned to UNL Solutions with the request for an experienced team who would help them improve their product.
What did UNL do
We provided a team of 2 experienced Java developers and a QA specialist to deliver the needed application.
The scope of work included:
- Initiated and applied TDD (Test Driven Development) to the team
- Implementing sub-tasks using main aspects of OOP (Object Oriented Programming), OOD (Object-Oriented Design)
- Transforming Flash into SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) using SVG lib, canvas
- Implementing of XML rendering via XSL and macros templates
- Optimizing of request dispatching to back the system security
- Implemented “Type-ahead” feature
- Using Lucene index system for content indexing
Above development, we also provided a business analyst who investigated the market and consulted the client on the most money-wise functionality.